We are looking for a skilled and experienced painter to paint the interior and exterior of residential and commercial properties in a timely manner. You will be responsible for preparing surfaces, mixing paints, applying them with brushes or rollers, and adding finishing touches. You will also perform various tasks such as covering fixtures, removing old paint, filling cracks, and cleaning up debris.
- Perform painting work according to plans and specifications
- Read blueprints and instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or relevant work experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix, and apply them
- Solid knowledge of residential and commercial painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools such as brushes, rollers, etc.
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders, etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- Good communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Health insurance
- Dental plan
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- $20.00 - $27.00 per hour
If you are interested in this position, please apply now or call (414) 372-0600 to schedule an interview.