JOB PURPOSE or JOB SUMMARY:
Transport incoming and/or outgoing materials to designated areas as assigned. Operate forklift, electrical hoist / overhead crane or other power driven equipment to load or move materials. Supply production area with needed materials from inventory. Load or unload material onto or from pallets, trays, or shelves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate forklift to transport incoming and/or outgoing materials to areas as assigned
- Verify quantity & quality of material received
- Accurately input job information using ERP computer software
- Safely and efficiently operates fork trucks
- Complete & maintain all required paperwork
- Use bar code readers to track product
- Train new employees as needed
- Perform any other duties assigned by management
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Education: High School / GED
Experience and/or Training:
- 1 years experience operating forklift in a manufacturing / warehouse environment
- Ability to achieve and maintain Company s forklift certification
- Must be able to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions
Technology/Equipment Used: Forklift, Overheard Crane
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a consistent basis
- Must be able to stand for all or most of a regular work shift as well as reach, bend, and stoop
- Must have visual acuity
- Ability to work up to 50 hrs./week
- Prior experience with ISO requirements is a plus
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Working conditions include regular exposure to noise, dust, metal debris, and changes in ambient temperature. Requires use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.