We are looking for a skilled and experienced flat roofer to join our team. You will be responsible for installing and repairing flat roofs on residential and commercial properties using various materials such as asphalt, rubber, or metal. You will also perform various tasks such as inspecting roofs, removing old materials, applying waterproof coatings, and ensuring safety standards.
- Perform flat roofing work according to plans and specifications
- Read blueprints and instructions and examine roofs to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc.
- Remove old roofing materials and dispose of them properly
- Install new roofing materials such as asphalt, rubber, or metal using tools such as torches, knives, or drills
- Apply waterproof coatings and sealants to protect the roof from leaks
- Inspect roofs for damages and defects and report any issues to the supervisor
- Follow safety rules and regulations and wear protective equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or relevant work experience as a flat roofer
- Excellent knowledge of flat roofing materials and how to install them
- Solid knowledge of flat roofing techniques and building codes
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools such as torches, knives, drills, etc.
- Good basic math skills
- Physical strength, stamina, and balance to work on roofs
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- Good communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Health insurance
- Dental plan
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- $20.00 - $29.00 per hour
If you are interested in this position, please apply now or call (414) 372-0600 to schedule an interview.